Jun 23, 2014

Lantern Festival


UTP had this annual carnival called Euphonious. Best gila, they got Maxis to sponsor them. Bunkface was there (Saturday, June 14) performing 5 songs. Sad thing that I couldn't make it for the mini concert.

Sunday evening, I had a friend of mine inviting me to UTP for a lantern festival. To release a lantern during lantern festival (in Thailand) is one of my 30 by 30 list. Refer to the side bar kalau tak percaya. Tapi bila entah nak dapat pergi Thailand during that fest, so redah aje lah pergi UTP punya. 

Was thinking of going alone je, sebab nak cepat, taknak terlepas. But then bila I asked my geprens, they said they wanna come pastu Hana invited the boyz sebab dia tak percaya nanti I nak drive balik Ipoh balik memalam. Well, I pun tak percaya diri sendiri sebenarnya muehehe tapi malas nak fikir. Balik nanti, nanti punya cerita. Kena sampai sana dulu, tu paling penting.

Dah ready pukul 19:45 but then kena tunggu the others, 20:30 baru gerak zzzz. I was informed that there will be 4 sessions. At 30 minutes interval starting at 20:15. So macam tak kisah sangat sebab mula-mula ingatkan ada sekali je.

Reached UTP around 21:15. It was so crowded, and freaking dark. Well, padang kan. What do you expect. Kawan-kawan sendiri pun dah tak nampak pergi mana. But then I heard someone calling my name. "Ehhhh Ainaaallll !!" Surprise surprise, it was Naim :) I didn't tell him that I'm coming to UTP sebab we just spent the weekend (Friday & Sat) together ((pastu kena tinggal sebab dia nak balik tengok Bunkface, K)). So rasa macam malas lah nak kacau. Dah la gelap and ramai orang, boleh pulak terserempak en. Adik-adik, ni namanya kalau dah jodoh tak kemana hahaha(Amiinn)hahaha. Tapi masa tu Naim dah nak chow from Oval Park sebab nak pergi makan and his friends tumpang his car so kena jugak pergi. 

Aan saved me a lantern. Well, it is actually Lukman's but dia pergi chancellor hall tengok show Sepahtu x Jambu. Pastu Aan, Ahsha, Melor and F.Fatihah helped me to release the lantern. Well technically, they were the one who released the lantern sebab I nak record video. Masa our turn to lepas lantern tu, dah tak banyak dah lantern lain. Sebab masa first session, ramai-ramai lepaskan lantern serentak. So kiranya dah tak menjadi dah 2nd/3rd/4th session tu :( Aduhai.

Next kita pergi lepak Chancellor Hall pulak. Ternganga jugak ah tengok hall diorang cenggitu. Gila bubis. Tapi kita cover sikit batak tu, watlek. Naim came and join us after he had his dinner and afterwards dia bawak kita pergi Farouk sebab kita semua tengah kebulur tak dinner lagi. And it was 00:30 kot that time. Mana tak lapar. Oh and it was full moon, and the sky was clear. It was so nice :)

Above is my personal favourite picture taken by my favourite person ;) Just because he was there the whole time from the beginning, so he managed to take this pictures with so many lanterns about to be released. So beautiful!


Here's a 30 seconds video that i made.



Well I guess it's true, sometimes, the best way to appreciate something is to be without it for a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cantiknya...never knew that utp has those events.

love your blog. especially the 30 before 30 tu :D